One of my favorite makeup brands is L.A. Minerals. I discovered them a few years ago when I was thinking about using Bare Minerals and read some reviews suggesting L.A. Minerals instead.
After doing a little more research I learned that L.A. Minerals does not use bismuth oxychloride in their foundations. For people with sensitive skin, skin allergies or who are acne prone, bismuth oxychloride can be an irritant. Knowing how sensitive my skin is I decided to give L.A. Minerals a try and they couldn’t have made it any easier.
Choosing a foundation color can be tricky especially when you are relying on screen colors and not actually sampling it. To help with this process L.A. Minerals guides you with a shade selector, skin analysis and shade comparison chart.
Once you’ve chosen the best shades for your skin tone you can either:
- Request a free “Try Me Kit” with 4 foundation samples, 1 blush and 1 concealer or
- Buy a sample starter kit to try a foundation, veil shade and concealer. I love these samples because they are pretty generous. There is plenty for you to experiment with in different lighting to find the best match for your skin tone. Even though I am pretty set on my shades I will occasionally get a new sample shade, especially if I have gotten any sun in the summer or it is February and my skin hasn’t seen the sun in months.
BLUSHES, BRONZERS & EYESHADOWS
One of the other areas L.A. Minerals excels in is the rich pigments in their mineral blushes, bronzers and eyeshadows. They have a wide range of color options so you are completely spoiled for choice. You can choose between a sample, trial or medium size and a little goes a long way. The colors are so rich I usually choose one a little lighter than I would normally use so I don’t overdo it.
ILLUMINIZERS & SPARKLE POWDER
The On Stage Illuminizer and Diva Dust are two of L.A. Minerals most fun makeup options. The Illuminizer is great for accenting décolletage, shoulders, lips or any other area you may want to add a glow to.
My daughter loves the Diva Dust for when she wants to sparkle a little. It is so subtle and the powder is incredibly smooth. Diva Dust actually makes sparkling skin seem like a normal occurrence.
IN A NUTSHELL…
- L.A. Minerals does not use bismuth oxychloride, phthalates, parabens, or talc in their makeup
- Use the shade selector and sample starter kits before making your final color choices
- Made in the USA
- 30 day money back guarantee (60 day int’l) & free shipping on first order
- Rewards program
Have you tried LA Minerals? Is there another mineral based brand you swear by? If so, let me know what your favorite product is below.